Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sexy Scribblers: Scandalous (Episode 6) by C.A. Szarek



Scandalous
Episode 6 by C.A. Szarek
Website: http://www.caszarek.com/

“Can I ask you something?” Abby shivered as Reed rounded the desk and took a seat, those fabulous green eyes intent on the mini-lab instead of her.
She ignored the disappointment that crashed over her. Things had been hot. What was with the cooling off? Was he really going to play scientist, instead of trying to ravish her?
He finally looked up, and cocked his dark head to one side, then nodded. “Sure.”
“You’re a vampire, right?”
Again, he nodded. “Not a secret, the whole town kinda is.”
“Why do you have a limp?”
“The bullet was silver, and we didn’t get it out fast enough.” He shrugged as if it was nothing, but something darted across his handsome face and had Abby muttering an apology.
She jumped when he stroked her cheek and one corner of his mouth shot up. Abby hadn’t seen him move—again. She had to order herself not to lean into his touch.
“It was a long time ago, I assure you my skills aren’t lacking.”
“I wouldn’t have come to you if I thought they were.”
“Right. Well, let’s get started.” Reed rubbed his hands together, as if in anticipation and took his previous seat.
“Get started?” That was the second time he’d said that.
“Yes.” He hit some buttons on a machine. Red lights shone, and a whirring sound filled the room.
“I thought you were going to help me.” Abby winced at the desperation in her tone. Her heart sped up, and she fought the urge to look around. She was safe here—despite the fact she was with the most powerful vampire in town. Reed wouldn’t let anything happen to her, would he?
“No, I won’t.”
“You read minds, too?” Shit, she’d have to guard her thoughts.
He chuckled, and the warmth of it was like a caress.
Abby squirmed in the chair and squeezed her thighs tight. Desire settled low. She wanted him. A stranger. A vampire. Hoped like hell he couldn’t tell.
Reed’s smirk, and the flare of his nostrils said otherwise.
Her cheeks warmed, and he the fact that he’d not answered was palpable.
“You and I should work out just fine,” he murmured. His voice dropped. It was thicker, more appealing somehow.
“What’d you mean?” she whispered.
“I don’t want your money.”
She straightened, her longing shooting to anger, and Abby popped to her stilettoed feet. “You said you’d help.”
A slow, sexy grin bloomed across Reed’s delicious mouth. Fangs peeked out.
Abby’s heartbeat kicked up. She was in so much trouble.
“I will.”
“So what the hell do you want for payment? I’m not a sex slave. It’s not going to be like that, I don’t care who the hell you think you are.” Her voice rose with each demand, and Abby bristled when Reed came to her side and cupped her face.
He dipped down as if he was going to kiss her.
She stiffened, and cursed her disappointment to hell when his mouth stopped millimeters above hers.
“No worries, little seer, you’ll sleep with me.”
His confidence flared her anger, but Abby couldn’t pull from his hold. He wasn’t hurting her, despite the firm grip. “I will not. And you’re still being obtuse.”
Reed laughed. His green eyes twinkled.
Abby glared.



“I needed your blood because it’s how you’re going to pay me. You’re going to bond with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment